Location: Summit, NJ
The Associate Director of U.S. Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) is responsible for leading HEOR research strategy for the Hematology and Oncology franchises.
The purpose of this position is to develop and execute HEOR research strategies and to be responsible for HEOR value proposition support for the field Account Management team at Payer, PBM, GPO, Federal, State and Clinical Pathway companies.
Significant cross-functional responsibilities and leadership with Global Market Access, U.S. Medical Affairs, Legal, U.S. Channel Marketing, U.S. Account Management, U.S. Hematology/Oncology Marketing and other departments.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Developing and executing Hematology/Oncology HEOR research strategies to support patient access to products.
2. Conducting HEOR research on products leading to presentations at prestigious medical meetings and journal publications. Conduct prospective and retrospective observational studies, cost effectiveness research, comparative effectiveness research, chart reviews, registry trials, patient-reported outcomes research, meta-analyses and systematic reviews.
3. Manage outcomes research projects and investigator-initiated research proposals.
4. Assure compliance of evidence-based medicine and principles for economic assessment.
5. Design customer facing tools such reactive and proactive (FDAMA 114) presentations to enable customers to comprehend the economic benefits and budget impact.
6. Developing and presenting HEOR studies to medical specialists at Market Access customers: Payers, Clinical Pathway companies, Federal, State, Group Purchasing Organizations, Pharmacy Benefit Managers, Clinical Pathways companies and other organized customers.
7. Align all strategies and tools with Medical Affairs, Pricing & Contracting and Channel Marketing.
talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture
• M.S. or Ph.D. in HEOR or related field preferred
• Pharm.D., MD, Ph.D. in related scientific field
• A minimum of 6 years experience in outcomes research to support U.S. Market Access
• Strong clinical background
• Presentation experience with Market Access customers
Proficient in economic evaluation of healthcare
Significant experience in analyzing claims databases and EMRs to assess the burden and cost of disease
Extensive knowledge of and experience with clinical and outcomes research applied to retrospective and prospective HEOR research
Superior written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in communicating clinical technical information to varied internal and customer audiences
Refined methodological, quantitative and analytical skills
Strong track record in HEOR study methodology, statistics, data reporting and resource development
High level strategic thinking, critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
Experienced in influencing strategy with internal and external customer audiences
Approximately 40% travel