SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Director/SeniorDirector,TeamLeaderGlobalMedicalAffairswillberesponsibleforproviding scientific direction, execution and support to the VP, GMA for life cycle management of brands. This position will build and manage the national CSL and MSL team to maximize compliant investigator, organizational (academic and payer), and thought leader communications through development and execution of medical and clinical strategy.
MAJOR ACTIVITIESAND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide scientific direction and support for brand lifecycle management (LCM).
- Leverage relationships with external customers to ensure robust and compliant physician and patient insights to drive successful product launches and medical communications.
- Ensure market insights are used to inform all product development strategy and deliverables.
- Interface internally and externally with key stakeholders, managed care leaders, and the broader scientific community to lead and execute medical strategy of innovative and differentiated medicines, ensuring the medical community is appropriately engaged with the information they need to support patient care needs e.g. scientific advisory boards, webinars and presentations.
- Build and lead the field based clinical and medical liaison team to support clinical, medical and scientific communications aligned with corporate strategy.
- Support sales training, escalated medical information and pharmacovigilance needs and the needs of the Vice President, Global Medical Affairs.
The Director/Senior Director, GMA reports to the Vice President, GMA.
QUALIFICATIONSAND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS Educational Requirements
- MD, PhD, or PharmD
- At least five years clinical experience preferred
Professional Work Experience
- Practical/working knowledge of the disease and therapeutic area/s preferred
- Demonstrated experience with developing medical strategies, plans and execution in pharmaceutical environment at the leadership level
- Demonstrated experience with global opinion leader engagement
- Pharmaceutical experience in rare diseases
A competitive compensation package will be presented to the right individual including base salary, bonus, and equity.