Location: Newton, MA
Client is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company. We have discovered and developed novel, small molecule, Selective Inhibitors of Nuclear Export, or SINE™, compounds that inhibit the nuclear export protein XPO1, and are focused on discovery and development these first-in-class drugs for the treatment of cancer and other major diseases, autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, wound healing, HIV and influenza.
Client’s lead XPO1-inhibiting (SINE™) compound, selinexor, is currently in phase 2 clinical trials, and client has 3 preclinical candidates that they will be filing an IND for in the next 6-12 months. Client is seeking an experienced formulations scientist to work in the development and manufacturing of its new clinical candidates.
An ideal candidate will possess
- The ability to managing multiple outsourced projects with external vendors
- Extensive experience in pharmaceutical research and development for preclinical and clinical stages with hands on experience in sterile, oral and topical dosages
- Extensive experience in GMP manufacturing and supporting regulatory submissions
- The ability to perform under pressure, manage multiple tasks and work effectively in a fast pace environment
- A comprehensive understanding of the drug development process and the ability to interact effectively with other departments
- Flexible with the ability effectively manage a large number of initiatives
- Work independently and as a part of a larger team
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- 8-12 years of direct pharmaceutical industry experience in formulationsAn advance scientific degree (Masters or greater) in area of pharmaceutical sciences is required. Pharmaceutical oral dosage form experience is preferred. Strong organizational skills are a requirement. The position will report into pharmaceutical sciences. Travel will be required.