Location – Hampton, NJ, or Branford , CT or Mass.
We are looking for a Vice-President of Medical Affairs to work closely with our executive team to lead medical strategy, project execution, clinical trials, compassionate use programs and IITs, publications, and medical communications. The VP will be responsible for providing medical insight, guidance, strategy, medical review, competitive intelligence and training for commercial projects and business development programs while working with Market Access team to develop compelling medical evidence to support optimal patient access to medicines.
Individual responsibilities include:
- Leading company medical strategies and project executions including clinical trials, compassionate use programs, investigator initiated trials (IITs) publications and other medical communications (e.g. medical information system, call center, etc.)
- Providing medical insights and guidance including strategy, medical review, competitive intelligence and training for key commercial projects and business development opportunities.
- Works closely with Market Access team to develop compelling medical evidence to support optimal patient access to our medicines.
- Works with home office and field based medical teams (MSLs) to develop and manage a thought leader network to support successful implementation of plans.
- Ensures safe and appropriate use of medicines.
- Ability to hire, manage and develop home office based and field-based medical teams.
- Ability to define strategy and execute short and long term medical plans.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Medical Oncology with 15 years of relevant academic, clinical and industry experience.
- Experience serving as a medical reviewer for commercial projects and promotional strategies.
- Experience reviewing, approving and overseeing post marketing clinical studies.
- MD required, board certified in medical oncology preferred.